Thursday 8 April 2010

Mummy's Trip to Stoke-on-Trent







Well, of course, I have to mention that I made a shopping trip to Stoke-on-Trent. It was supposed to happen on a Saturday, big girls trip planned with the OCSC. Well....at about 10:00 the evening before we were to leave, my husband called for a bucket and I knew there would be no pottery for me. So hoping my friends had not bought out the stores, I went with a friend for a day trip the next week. We had a great time and even visited some shops I hadn't been to the previous year. I was able to find some Burleigh to match the Spode Thanksgiving dishes I purchased last year. Who wants it all to match anyway right? And I love that you find things for Fortnum and Mason in the factory. I really love my Precise and Exact Emma Bridgewater pitcher which has a measuring cup tucked inside. I can't wait to round out my collection next year!

1 comment:

  1. Love it all, especially the polka dots, thanksgiving dishes and the bottom flag plates. Now, you need something new to store/display all of your great pottery! Well done.

    ReplyDelete